All instructors are available by appointment in addition to the times listed above.
Students in Emporium Courses have access to Virtual Tutors through the Practice Problem System. Log into the Practice Problem System, and select a problem to work on. After you have answered the question, you will see a link for "Virtual Tutoring". Clicking this link will notify a tutor that you need assistance. When a tutor is ready, you will get a pop-up to join their tutoring session.
Virtual Tutoring Hours, are the same as the above tutoring, hours. However, in person tutorin is prioritized, so it may not always be available.
Lab Help (1026 and 1524 ONLY)
There are lab support GTAs available Monday-Friday 4pm-8pm on zoom. The link to the zoom session is on your course Canvas page. You may not be in your Lab Problems quiz and ask for lab help. Once you begin that assessment, you must finish it on your own using your own work on the lab and what you have learned doing the lab.
Microsoft has some helpful guides for how to use Excel (click for the guide):
- Overview of Formulas in Excel.
- Functions in Excel (with their instructions).
- Sine function use with examples (always use radians).
- Cosine function use with examples (always use radians).
- Radians function (input degrees converts to radians).
- Exponential function EXP.
- Natural Log function LN.
- Power function. You can use =number^power or the =POWER(number,power).
- Important example: cube roots require that you use the 1/3 power, etc.
- Important order of operations issue: in Excel, if you type =-4^2 do you want (-4)^2 or -(4^2)? Use parenthesis appropriately.
- How do I undo an auto formating into a date?